- Ratings and tournament results updated (Nov 8 2017)
A new preliminary rating list as of 2017-11-04 is available. The most recent tournament results, including the International Shogi Forum (ISF) results from Kitakyushu, are also online.
- ESC/WOSC 2018 in Berlin, July 26th to July 29th, ESC/WOSC 2019 in Bratislava (Aug 19, 2017)
The ESC/WOSC 2018 will be held in Berlin from July 26th to July 29th. The venue will be the Japanese-German Center Berlin (http://www.jdzb.de). More information and the tournament website will be available in a few weeks.
At the FESA meeting in Kiev it was decided that the ESC/WOSC 2019 will be held in Bratislava, Slovakia.
- ESC/WOSC 2017 - Vincent Tanyan new European champion (Aug 11, 2017)
Kiev (Ukraine) was the venue for the European Shogi Championship/World Open Shogi Championship (ESC/WOSC) between August 3rd and August 6th. This time there were 66 participants in the main tournament. Professional guests were Yaoichi Ono (7-dan) and Madoka Kitao (ladies professional 2-dan).
This years ESC saw a Belarusian final between Vincent Tanyan and Sergey Korchitsky . 18 year old Vincent managed to secure his first European title. The match for the third place showed a very long game between Thomas Leiter and Marco Dietmayer , which Thomas managed to win with Jishogi (28-26 points).
Shun Tokuni won the title in the WOSC with 8 wins out of 9 rounds, 2nd place went to Sergey Korchitsky with 7/9 and 3rd place to Thomas Leiter also 7/9.
Shun Tokuni won also the blitz tournament (42 participants) ahead of Vincent Tanyan and Thomas Leiter .
The team tournament (14 teams) was won by the Austrian team 'Dyululu' (Marco Dietmayer, Rainer Staberhofer, Andreas Diermair) ahead of 'Belarus' (Vincent Tanyan, Maxim Shaporov, Anton Starikevich) and 'Better of Ukraine' (Sergei Krivoshey, Sergey Stavroyani, Andriy Paliy).
The dobutsu shogi tournament (22 participants) was won by Thomas Leiter , 2nd Rainer Staberhofer and 3rd Shun Tokuni .
Complete results tables
Rating results table
- European Youth Shogi Championship 2017 (Jul 27, 2017)
The First European Youth Shogi Championship was held in Wroclaw, Poland from 21st to 23rd July 2017. There were four age groups (U9, U12, U15, U18).
The winners were:
U 9 (12 participants)
1. Pavel Zhuravlev (BLR) 2. Jan-Lukas Engelmann (GER) 3. Dmitry Chernashevich (BLR)
U 12 (11 participants)
1. Denis Titov (RUS) 2. Matvey Degtyar (BLR) 3. Kai Bruegmann (GER)
U 15 (11 participants)
1. Ivan Martsev (BLR) 2. Eric Klein (GER) 3. Alexey Lavrinovich (BLR)
U 18 (8 participants)
1. Adam Wozniak (POL) 2. Maxim Shaparov (BLR) 3. Karol Stanclik (POL)
There was also an open tournament with 22 participants, with the following results:
1. Uladislau Zakrzheuski (BLR) 2. Sergei Lysenka (BLR) 3. Adam Dziwoki (POL)